Google Wifi Mesh Router Installation and Review
A comprehensive install guide and review of the Google Wifi Mesh Router Review and Xfinity Gig speed upgrade after six months of use. I'll cover how it replaced my Asus to two Apple Extremes in Roaming configuration (shared SSID) and how it fixes many common wifi issues such as slow internet connections due to sticky clients. If you found this helpful, please hit like and subscribe!
Google Wifi 3 Pack: http://amzn.to/2ECd6ys
Costco Wifi 4 Pack: http://www.costco.com/Google-Wifi-4-...
CyberPower UPS: http://amzn.to/2MbtEnn
Netgear GS305 Switch: http://amzn.to/2K6Fn3M
What are sticky clients?
Things that may affect your in-home test results
Placement matters. Place your gateway or wireless router in a centralized spot in your home. Keep it out in the open. Avoid cabinets, closets, and places that may accidentally get covered up (by a pillow, backpack, jacket, etc.)
Consumer device Capabilities. Some Internet Speeds are faster than many devices can handle. Check out this list of consumer devices and expected wireless speeds.
Stay current. Are your operating systems for your computer or laptop and Internet browsers up to date? To achieve the best results, make sure they are. Also make sure that you have an up to date modem and gateway.
Wireless speeds are slower than wired connections due to wireless hardware limitations, the distance a signal has to travel and potential slowdowns along the way, including walls, windows, large pieces of furniture, etc.
For Xfinity Customer Speed test tips:
- Directly connect via Ethernet and be sure to have a Docsis 3.1 modem
- Your setup info: http://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/cust...
- Restart your modem every time you plug in a new device
- Be sure to use Cat6 - 940 Mbps is the limit due to Ethernet Overhead
- Do not test speeds over Wifi
- Use http://speedtest.xfinity.com (eliminates routing / ping issues)
- Look for Configuration file: d11_m_mb8600_gigabit_c01.cm
- Use USB-C or Thunderbolt Ethernet adaptors
- Modern computer with SSD will give you the fastest speeds
- http://speedtest.xfinity.com/devicesp... (compare)